The systems manufactured by HP have a pre-installed with a program called HP Software Updates. This program gets connected to a database at HP and then display any updates available on your computer for HP products. Getting updates automatically on your system is a good option but not always. The process is quick and easy but sometimes you might want to disable the updates. You can easily disable the updates if you don’t want to receive them anymore. Give a call at the HP Support Number in case you need any technical help regarding the same.
Follow the steps given below to disable the HP updates on your device:
- Firstly, to uninstall the HP Updates program you need to remove the program from the system. To do this, go to Add/Remove programs by clicking on the ‘Start’ button and then select ‘Control Panel’. From the list, select ‘HP Updates’ and click on the option ‘Update/Remove to remove the program.
- To remove the program from the startup folder, click on the ‘Start’ button. Go to ‘Programs’ and select ‘Startup Program’ group. Right-click on the HP Updates the program and then click on ‘Delete’ from the context menu that will remove the program
- Next, use msconfig to remove the program from a startup that will disable the service from running. Click on the ‘Start’ button, select ‘Run’ and then type msconfig in the given field that says ‘Open’ and clicks ‘Ok’. Now, select the Startup tab, uncheck the HP updates and click on the ‘Apply’ button. HP Phone Number is also there that will help you in those times when you are facing issues.
- You can use a third-party program that will prevent the program from automatically loading from a registry setting. After installing the program, double-click on the icon from the taskbar. Click on the ‘Startup Programs’ tab, select HP Updates and then click ‘Disable’.
- Use a registry cleaner to remove the leftover registry entries. After installing the program, double click its icon. Then select ‘Clean the Registry’ and click ‘Ok’ to start the cleaning process.
This is how you can simply disable all the updates from your HP device. In case you face any issues, you can reach out to the technical experts for immediate assistance and support. For any sort of issues with your HP device, don’t forget to give a call at the HP Customer Service Number. The HP experts will help you thoroughly for different issues and will offer you appropriate guidance. The entire technical staff is well-trained and have required experience in resolving the issues with HP devices.