Windows 10 is an added advantage to the already existing operating system. The major benefit is when you use this utility with external utility devices such as Printers, Scanners etc. But the problem arises when the scanner stops working on Windows 10. This can frustrate the users when they don’t have the idea about how to troubleshoot such an issue. But HP Scanner Support team can always help you to deal with such scanning issues with your HP scanner.
Causes of Scanner not working with Windows 10
The most common reason when the Scanner is not working on Windows 10 can be the incompatibility between the operating system and the drivers installed for the scanner.
Some other reasons are:
- Missing or corrupted system files
- Damaged scanner
- Corrupted or damaged drivers installed in your system
- Incomplete updates of your system
For all such reasons, you can dial the HP Help Number to ask the experts to resolve the scanning issue with Windows 10.
Solutions for scanner issue with Windows 10
Given below are the possible solutions which can help you in fixing the issue with your HP scanner:
- Use SFC/ Scannow
To repair the corrupted or missing system files, you can use ‘sfc/scannow’ command. This is one of the easiest ways to fix ‘Scanner not working’ error on Windows 10.
- To apply this method, first, you have to run Command Prompt as an administrator. For this, you have to press Windows and ‘X’ key together so as to access the Power user menu, and then select Command Prompt.
- Now in the Command Prompt window, type sfc/scannow and press enter. This will start the repair process.
- Then wait till the process gets complete as it might take several minutes to get over. After the process gets completed, restart your system.
- After this reconnect your scanner and check if the issue has been removed.
- Check Related Services
To fix the scanning issues, it is important to ensure that the other related services are working fine.
The services include:
-Remote Procedure Call RPC
-DCOM Server Process Launcher
-RPC Endpoint Mapper
-Shell Hardware Detection
-Windows Image Acquisition (WIA)
Scanner not working issue can arise when any of the above services are not working properly. You can call at the HP Toll Free Number to take help from the experts or follow the steps given below in order to resolve the issues in scanning related services:
- Firstly, open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows and ‘R’ key together. Then type services.msc in the given space and hit ‘Enter’.
- Next, search for Shell Hardware Detection in the list of services and then right-click it and select ‘Properties’.
- If the service status is stopped, restart it again.
- Go back to the services window and follow the 2 and 3 steps for other services as well.
- Restart the system after you are done and check if the issue has been resolved.
- Update Drivers
The next thing to do to resolve the scanning issue on Windows 10 is to update the drivers of your system which might have become corrupted or outdated. After updating the drivers, check if the issue has been fixed.For further help and troubleshooting, you can dial the HP Customer Service Number where our certified technicians will help you through their expertise.